Editor-in-Chief Search Announcement
Open to Triological Active Fellows and Active Candidates
The Triological Society is seeking applicants for the next Editor-in-Chief of ENTtoday. The official term begins Jan. 1, 2023. Candidates for the position must be Active Fellows or Active Candidates of the Triological Society.
ENTtoday is the leading information source for otolaryngology–head and neck surgeons. Every month, this award-winning newsmagazine publishes timely information that clinicians can use in daily practice, including literature reviews, clinical news coverage, practice management trends and advice, and national health policy updates. The publication is distributed in print to all otolaryngologists and residents in the United States; ENTtoday is also freely available online at www.enttoday.org. In addition to 12 monthly print issues per year, ENTtoday publishes original content on its website and in the email newsletters ENTtoday Update and ENT Update for Residents.
ENTtoday contains news and other articles written by physicians and experienced medical journalists. It is not a journal, and the content is not peer reviewed in a traditional sense, although the Editor-in-Chief, members of the Editorial Board, and Triological Society staff review all articles.
About the Position of the Editor-in-Chief
The Editor-in-Chief is supported by Wiley staff who oversee freelance writers, content development, artwork selection, layout and production, and business management.
The role of the Editor-in-Chief includes:
- Establishing goals for the content, departments, and scope of the newsmagazine and digital content products.
- Establishing an Editorial Board that represents the full spectrum of the specialty.
- Serving in an advisory and oversight capacity for editorial direction, content, design, and overall quality of the newsmagazine, proposing ideas to keep the publication current with developments and trends.
- Suggesting article ideas and identifying physician experts who can assist freelance medical writers for expert opinions or as coauthors.
- Writing and/or recruiting editorial columnists.
- Advising on the appropriateness of commercial sales efforts and reviewing new paid advertisements.
- Reviewing all articles for accuracy.
- Advising the Art Director on appropriate images to accompany content in each issue.
- Reviewing a PDF of each issue to ensure all images and supporting design elements are appropriate.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit the following three documents by no later than Tuesday, July 5, 2022:
- A cover letter expressing your interest and addressing the following questions:
- Why do you want to be Editor-in-Chief of ENTtoday?
- What “editorial assets” and skills (beyond writing and reviewing scholarly articles) would you contribute to ENTtoday?
- What is your editorial vision for ENTtoday (print and digital)?
- Would you make any changes to the current structure of the publication, and, if so, why?
- A current CV.
- A completed conflict-of-interest form
Application materials should be forwarded to Beth Faubel (email@example.com) by Tuesday, July 5, 2022
Selected candidates will be notified for interviews to be conducted during the American Academy of Otolaryngology Annual Meeting in Philadelphia in September.